October 3, 2020
*pending final township approval*
9:00AM – 12:00PM
Registration opens summer 2020!
The 7th Annual HopDash 5K is coming back to Hershey, PA as part of the second annual Harvest Hopfest Weekend at Tröegs Brewery. Start your morning with a run/walk through the hills of Hershey, and finish at the brewery with HopFest beers, snacks, live music, games and more! Costumes are highly encouraged (they even have their own awards categories). Spots are limited!
When: October 3rd, 2019 from 9AM-12PM
What you get
- Runner’s SWAG Bag
- Finisher medal
- Commemorative T-shirt (long sleeve!)
- (1) Can koozie (will replace the 4×6 Limited Art Print)
- (2) Tröegs beers
- After-party featuring live music, snack truck, special HopFest beers!
- Live music sponsored by Geneia
- Enjoy the brewery once it opens, featuring special HopFest Firkins, food specials, tours and more!
What HopDash benefits (Why YMCA)
Since 2014, the race has raised over $200,000!
“Our family has been a supporter of the YMCA for a long time, and we’ve developed a strong relationship with them over the years. We’re excited to see the Hop Dash continue to grow and draw people from outside Central PA.” – Chris Trogner, founder and co-owner of Tröegs.
Day Of Details
Costume inspiration: Costumed participants will be up for another set of highly coveted awards:
Humulus Maximus: Best Beer-Themed costume
Nimble Giant: Most difficult costume to run in
Sunshine Equinox: Middle finisher in costume
Overall awards. Awards will be given to first overall male and female finishers (will also both receive a $50 Troegs gift card)!
Age group awards. Awards also will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the following age groups: 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54,55-59, 60-64, and 65+.
*Please note that there are no awards for participants under 21.
Friday – 12-6:30pm, Fleet Feet Sports Mechanicsburg (Silver Spring Square, 6416 Carlisle Pike #700, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050)
Race day – 7am-8:30am at Troegs Brewing Company
Race shirts are sponsored by Premiere Eye Care!
Where can I park?
There is a large field besides Troegs where participants will park.
When is packet pick-up?
- Friday – 12-6:30pm, Fleet Feet Sports Mechanicsburg (Silver Spring Square, 6416 Carlisle Pike #700, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050)
- Race day – Onsite at Troegs Brewing Company (7:30-8:30am)
I signed up but something came up and I can’t make the race. What are my options?
We understand that things come up and schedules change.
Here are two options to help:
- Defer to next year.
- For a $10 fee, you can defer your registration to the 2020 Hop Dash.
- The deadline to defer is Monday, September 30th by 11:59pm
- Transfer your race bib to someone else.
- For a $10 fee, you can transfer your race bib to another person
- The deadline to initiate a bib transfer is Friday, September 27th and the deadline for the new participant to complete the transfer is Monday, September 30th
Can people under 21 take part in the race and attend the after-party?
Yes, under 21 can both participate in the race and attend the Hop Dash Bash. Only 21+ will be served.
Can I push a stroller during the race?
That’s up to you. There may be some parts of the road that are uneven, so please use caution if you decide to push a stroller.
Will this race be timed?
Yes! We are excited to have FalconRaceTiming.com as the official chip timing company for this event.
Can people who are not participants come to the Hop Dash Bash?
Yes. All participants will get 2 vouchers for Tröegs product that can be used by themselves or share with a 21+ friend. Only 21+ may redeem the vouchers.
Can the drink vouchers be used at Tröegs Brewing Company?
The two drink vouchers that participants receive are only redeemable at the Hop Dash Bash.
Will there be food?
Yes, there will be post-race food, which includes food for participants and food trucks.
Should I bring my ID?
Yes, you should bring your ID with you to the after-party.
Will there be beer for sale?
Yes! In addition to the two beers each participants receives, Troegs Brewing Company will be onsite selling beer to spectators and participants.
Please submit questions to Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org